Last Updated on
Thailand, one of the richest countries in the world in terms of culture and heritage, is the dream destination for every aspiring traveler. This is a major reason why the tourists book their flights and stay in advance to avoid paying a heavy sum during the peak season of tourism in that country.
So, if you are planning to visit Thailand the next time, it would be beneficial if you could make sure that you have booked the tickets and the stays well in advance from here http://bit.ly/2sbdZsN. If you can manage to do so, you would definitely enjoy a comfortable trip.Before we get into it, here are some solid to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
Now, just booking the hotels and the travel modes through Yatra and others would be insufficient for you to enjoy the trip. In fact, if you really want to enjoy yourself, you have to maintain certain traditional aspects of the Thai culture during your stay there. So, in this article, you will find yourself to be introduced to certain things that you must not do at all when you visit Thailand.
- Do Not Point Your Feet Towards Holiness: According to the Thai culture, pointing your feet towards Lord Buddha or a monk or towards a person who is elder to you is totally humiliating. The Thai people are very strict about respecting the person who is superior to you. So, any kind of misbehavior will not be tolerated by the people.
- Do Not Touch the Head of Someone Superior: According to the customs in Thailand, the head of the person is presumed to be the cleanest and holiest part of any person. So, as a responsible adult, you must know on whose head you would be able to sweep your hands. However, the children would escape this with a little scolding or an affectionate try to make them understand this significance.
- Do Not Whistle at Night: The Thai people firmly believe that whistling at night lures the spirits to the earth. If you don’t want to fall prey to such a superstition, you should rather avoid whistling in the night if you are in an audible range.
- Do Not Raise Your Voice: You must understand that the Thais are very affectionate and calm by nature. They are those people who are really good at avoiding arguments because of their tranquil nature. So, due to some kind of a misunderstanding or injustice caused to you, you should not shout out loud if you want the audience, that is, the Thai people surrounding you, to help you out. In case you do start yelling, you will be looked down upon.
- Do Not Get Intimate at the Public Places: According to the Thai culture, intimacy is quite private and, hence, by no means should intimacy be practiced on the streets or at a public place. You can hug in a friendly way if you want to; you can even hold hands and walk down the beach on a warm day; however, forget about making out in the open! You should not even think of a lip lock if you want to maintain your honour in Thailand.
- Do Not Touch a Monk: The monks in Thailand are considered as the holiest mortals walking on the land and, hence, they keep themselves detached from the touch of the common people. So, even if you do seek the blessings of a monk and thank him for offering you his good wishes, do not even think of extending your hand for a grateful handshake or pulling him into a hug. This kind of practice would be considered as extremely offensive.
Though this list can actually go on, yet, at least you now know the key things that you must always keep in mind when you visit Thailand on your next trip. So, have a happy and safe journey!